Life Source Hospice to Present Continuing Education
Life Source Hospice is proud to be presenting the Hospice Foundation of America’s webinar program, Hospice in the Nursing Home, with expert speakers John Cagle, MSW, PhD and Kathleen T. Unroe, MD, MHA. The sessions will be held at the Life Source Hospice Conference Room, 11605 Southfork Avenue, Suite A, Baton Rouge, LA 70816. There are 10 sessions being offered between now and November 2017.
- Thursday, February 23, 2017 – 8:00 a.m.
- Thursday, March 23, 2017 – 8:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017 – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017 – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 10, 2017 – 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, July 20, 2017 – 8:00 a.m.
- Thursday, August 24, 2017 – 8:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 4, 2017 – 10:00 a.m.
Nearly a quarter of American’s die in long-term care settings. While hospice involvement has improved outcomes for dying nursing home patients and their families, numerous obstacles exist for hospice providers. This presentation will identify some of the key pitfalls that hospice providers face, while also highlighting opportunities for collaboration, growth and enhanced patient/family care.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss current trends in end of life care in the nursing home
- Discuss barriers and facilitators to use of hospice in nursing homes
- Discuss positive and negative experiences working with dying patients from the perspective of nursing home staff
- Discuss tips for hospice providers to improve care coordination in the nursing home
1.5 CE credits for professionals will be available through Hospice Foundation of America for a wide variety of professional boards*. The CE cost is $7 per certificate and CE credits are available through November 14, 2017. *Please verify CE availability with your professional or state board approval and/or refer to HFA’s list of Board Approvals located here.
For the first five participants registered in each session, Life Source Hospice will cover the cost of your CE certificate ($7.00 value).
Participants are encouraged to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the session. Doors will be open 30 minutes prior, and the session will begin promptly at the listed start time. The presentation is 90 minutes long, but there will be two five-minute breaks. Snacks and beverages will be provided.
Registration is limited to 20 participants per session. Please use the online form below to register. Once registered, you will be contacted to confirm. Please let us know if you need to cancel your registration, as seating is limited.